Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not quite the new year.....

But I'm trying to start early on a resolution to keep up the old blog at least with a note or two throughout each week.



This is the piece
Claudine Helmuth made for me for my Christmas present from Curt. I am totally in awe of her work. Absolutely completely head-over-heels in love with her talent. She took emailed pix of my family and some generic ideas of the beach, Hatteras Island and Star Wars and turned them into this. Isn't this the most awesome piece of art you've ever seen? I've hung it over my desk in the office so I can admire it each day as I do emails and surfing and dreaming and my scrapping. What inspiration and a constant reminder of my happy little family and a wonderful trip we had at the beach one summer.

Another fave this Christmas......



Mom got me this fabulous purse from her pastor's wife who makes these awesome things! She's amazing. She's more amazing than Vera!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to her studio and picked out every last piece of fabric for this bag. And even the elephant zipper pull! Then I got to tell her what pockets I wanted, how big, how tall, how many. So many details that go into a handbag that I have never even thought of before. Wow, this woman rocks. And she's just the sweetest person to top it all off. If you need a purse, let me know. I can hook you up!


And to end this post, I leave you with this: my favorite Christmas decoration of all. The vintage tinsel tree. Truly old. Truly silver. Truly sharp if you're not careful when putting it away. And that's exactly what I did today. I put away all the Christmas decorations. Truly, I hate doing that. I spend so much time looking forward to decorating and enjoying the twinkle and sparkle of the tree lights and all the other lights I manage to plug in during December. And then when Christmas Day has ended, I'm over it. Ready for it to go back into the 6 giant green Rubbermaid containers that hold them all. I do miss the sparkle of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment