I did it. I drove to Richmond, Va., and back. Just me and the boys. While Curt was at his leadership training with the Boy Scouts, Camden, Benjy and I made the 6+ hour trip to Richmond for my cousin's wedding. I had been overly anxious about it for weeks, dreading the drive and the stress of planning a trip virtually alone. I had let it slip to Camden that I was nervous about it, and he promised he'd pray for me. His teacher said he'd asked her to pray as well. :) Sweet kid.
Well, by the time I'd come home from school on Friday, I was calm and relaxed. I had a real peace about the trip. And before we hit the road, I pulled out my book of scripture by Joyce Mayer - scripture to speak over any situation. I turned to the chapter on "confidence" and read out loud each scripture on the page. The boys at patiently in the back, listening. Camden, I do believe, appreciated this new little ritual. I believe he's really understanding the power of prayer.
The most amazing thing happened on this drive. As we headed down I-95 in bumper-to-bumper traffic, I knew I needed some spiritual uplifting, so I ejected Counting Crows from the CD player and popped in Wow Worship. (Really, that's the name of it. hehehe) The praise and worship tunes really set my mind at ease in the heavy traffic. And I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that my van was surrounded by angels. I felt totally safe. Totally kept. Wow. It was really cool.
Here are some pix of our trip - all taken on the night of Tonya's wedding to Jeff. I must add that she was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen. Just like a princess. I cannot even express how much it meant to me that we made this trip. Not only to meet Tonya's husband, but also to see family for something other than a funeral. A short trip it was, but a blessed time.
I am so proud of me! I have a new computer and I have installed the things I need and found all my stuff!! Great pictures, can't wait to get mine on. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete