Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What Halloween picture?

Trick or Treat was last night. We took Camden and Benjy to a few houses in the steady rainfall. They still managed to get a load of candy which the good Halloween Fairy traded for a couple of Star Wars guys each. Good deal I think. Still, not one single solitary picture of the whole shabang. A crazy night it was. And I'm so glad it's behind us. Time to move on with November. Here's what I LOVE about this month:
Cold temperatures and the smell of heat in the house.
Candles lit each evening - well, when we're HOME, that is.
Sweaters and turtlenecks.
Thanksgiving Day - the parade, the dinner, the time to focus on blessings
Christmas decorations that go up after Thanksgiving.
Football.
Christmas lights in town.
Snow. Wishful thinking.
Hot cocoa at Barnes and Noble's Starbucks. It's just different there than when you get it in the drive through at the real Star Bucks.
Turkey and dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment