Thursday, August 25, 2005

What to do if your purse is stolen...

I've lost my identity.
Today I became a "victim of crime" said the State Police officer who came after I reported my purse stolen. I can't really describe how that feels - sort of like helpless, wrecked inside, nervous, anxious, violated. It just sucks, to be frank. My purse was stolen from my van parked inside my own garage here at home. OK, so it was stupid to leave it in the van and even more stupid to accidentally leave the garage door open the other night. But that's beside the point. It's my house! Nobody has any business poking their noses in my garage, much less taking something that doesn't belong to them. Camden asked me this morning if "stealing is from nature." I told him no, that stealing is just plain wrong. He's satisfied that the police are now "looking for those bad guys." He's also irate that the "bad guys" went to McDonald's with my credit card and blew $24! Thank goodness for banks who can track purchases in real time. I've been on the phone all a.m. canceling accounts and requesting new cards. I don't even have a driver's license anymore. It just plain sucks to have no identity.
Oh yeah, and the worst part - to add insult to injury - my journal was in that beautiful black leather tote purse with my initials on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment